Cheat codes to dream jobs
This year we've researched hundreds of companies for the weekly reports. Here's a quick snapshot of the most common traits modern teams look for in new hires:
- Self-managing: Almost every team we profile is remote-first. To succeed in in this environment you need to be able to self-motivate and love to ship (without being told).
- Good at prioritizing: Being business-minded and able to understand which tasks can have the greatest impact on the business is high value.
- Humble: People with no ego do well on modern teams. They're open to feedback, understand their limitations, know when to ask for help and are always looking to learn and grow.
- Great written communicators: The super skill of future teams. As the shift towards async communication gathers speed, you need to be able to write succinctly and document processes.
- Show, don't tell: There will be less focus on your Linkedin profile and more focus on your body of work on the web. Whether it be content, designs, products, communities, NFTs or DAOs. What you have created will be way more interesting than where you went to school.
The latest job opportunities with modern teams:
- Parsec is a proprietary desktop capturing application primarily used for playing games through video streaming. Key value: Remote-first, flexible vacation (take as much time off as you need, seriously), competitive salaries, and equipped home offices. See 10 current openings
- Filestage is the easiest way to share, review and approve content across departments. Key value: Remote team with people working all over the world. So we choose our words carefully, give plenty of context and communicate in a way thats most helpful to the people around us. See 3 current openings
- Astropad build technology that inspires people to create. Key value: With teammates across North America, we’ve struck a balance between video calls and asynchronous communication. We encourage team members to unplug from Slack to sink into deep work. See 2 current openings
- Heliax is a blockchain research, development, & product company bringing financial sovereignty and privacy to the world. Key value: Remote-first company with team members located around the world. We believe that the best working cultures are characterised by flexibility and autonomy, which is why we operate via open allocation, giving team members the choice of what to work on, with whom, and when. See 12 current openings.
- Pitch is presentation software, enabling modern teams to craft and distribute beautiful presentations more effectively. Key value: Remote friendly, flexible hours and vacations. See 26 current openings.
- CommentSold helps businesses sell products digitally. Manage inventory, automate invoicing, enable sales through social networking, and power web and mobile applications. Key value: Work where you want. One of the best things about joining a fully remote company is having the flexibility to do your best work wherever. See 18 current openings.
- Bitcoin.com is a Bitcoin-related web portal. It provides a number of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash services such as purchasing and selling these cryptocurrencies, and a mobile wallet for both. Key value: Remote roles plus an exciting mission: Build products that make cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin more accessible. See 10 current remote-only openings.
- Astralabs is the parent company of Newchip, Sofos, and Journey Venture Partners. We've built and launched multiple startups to exit and supported 1,000 startups in their growth in our accelerator with over $300M+ in funding. Key value: The majority of our positions are available remote and we strive to fly remote team members in once a quarter for team strategy retreats. See 20 current remote-only openings.
- Workato is a modern enterprise automation platform that integrates different applications including CRM, RPA and accounting. Key value: we maintain a hybrid remote work model and provide everyone with best of breed technology tools that enable them to work anywhere, anytime. See 50+ US-only current openings.
Tools and Resources
- Check out Li's newsletter on the creator economy and find ways to build up your body of online work.
- Foster is one of the best communities I've come across for levelling up your writing skills.
The top stories from last week:
- The benefit that remote employees need most Quartz
- How remote working will reshape the world by 2030 Hacker Noon
If you'd like to support the newsletter, please forward it on to your friends or share our homepage.
See you next week!
P.S. Just hit reply to suggest news, add a job you're looking to fill, or to sponsor next week's newsletter.
Sender address: Carrer de Caro 70