We've have received many questions about the status of the Fingerstyle Collective Guitar Festival taking place 6 months from now, September 10-13, 2020. Indicators at this point suggest that concerts and social gatherings will likely commence in the fall; therefore, we are staying full course with festival planning to bring you an absolutely extraordinary experience. However, we will continue to seek guidance from the CDC over the next several months and will continue to update you if there is a decision to cancel the festival out of an abundance of caution or by CDC guidance. If by chance the festival is cancelled, we are guaranteeing FULL refunds to all participants and sponsors.
To that end, we are indeed currently accepting festival registrations and submissions for both the ONLINE and LIVE international guitar competition! If you have been considering entering, now may be an excellent time to be working on submitting your video for consideration. The prizes are HUGE!
Also, if you are a musician who has been impacted by COVID19, we are on the lookout for resources that can potentially help you including non-profit charities and live streaming opportunities. We have incuded two of these below and will continue to share these resources as we hear about them. For those who are music fans, we encourage you to support musicians by purchasing their merch, and supporting their live streams (and consider leaving them a virtual tip through their Paypal accounts) during this critical time.
If you know about additional resources, have suggestions, or remaining questions, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]
Stay safe and healthy, and please keep strumming! We are in this together.
Your Fingerstyle Collective Guitar Family (Fretmonkey and Candyrat Records)