Happy Tuesday and welcome to our new subscribers!
Modern teams and meetings 🚫
The first job I took out of university was at a bank. I was a small cog in a giant machine. My memory of that time is mostly meetings.
Stand up meetings. Sales meetings. Strategy meetings. Vendor meetings. Educational meetings. Product meetings.
I was lucky if I had 2-3 hours a day left to do actual work.
This was not a modern company. Modern companies favour uninterrupted, deep work over meetings.
Work for a modern company. You'll do better work. It's more fun. Less stressful.
You have more choices than ever before.
The latest job opportunities with modern teams:
- Chargebee: Recurring billing and subscription management tool. Key value: Remote friendly, flexible schedule - "you are the master of your time" and ⚡async. See 50+ current openings
- Dockwa: Modern marina management software for transient and long-term dockage. Key value: Remote friendly and unlimited PTO. Since 2020 Dockwa has worked 4-day work weeks:
"No Mondays, not now not ever". See 1 current opening.
- Timeular: Effortless time tracking software. Key value: Work from anywhere with team members located around the world. Flexible schedule - "We work when, where, and how we want". Up to 50 days off per year. See 2 current openings.
- Indebted: Supporting customers on their debt free journey. Key value: Remote friendly, with a team of 150 people in 7 countries around the world. Unlimited paid leave and yearly company retreats. See 23 current openings.
- Time Doctor: A time tracking and productivity monitoring software for businesses and individuals. Key value: Work from anywhere with 85 team members located in 31 countries around the world. See 10 current openings.
- Flightradar: The world’s most trusted flight tracking service. Key value: Work from anywhere. See 5 current openings.
- Tucows: Making the Internet better since 1993. We are Hover, Ting Internet, OpenSRS, Enom and more. Key value: Remote friendly, with a team members in 17 countries. See 50+ current openings.
- Diesdas.digital: Astudio for strategy, design and code in Berlin. Key value: Work from anywhere, light meetings, ⚡async, generous vacation, 4 day work week, flexible schedule. See 1 current opening.
- FingerprintJS Fraud detection API for the Internet. Key value: Work from anywhere, small team, lean hierarchy and no politics. See 9 current openings.
Tools and Resources
- Ukio: Next-level Airbnb, Ubio curates apartments that they'd personally stay in - cool neighborhoods & unique spaces. Listings available in Spain so far. Lisbon coming soon.
- Delocate: Slack community of remote founders, managers, experts and learn how to grow your remote business
The top stories from last week:
- What are the booming digital jobs for a growing globalised workforce? Maddyness
- "An overwhelming portion of management personnel is focused more on taking credit and placing blame rather than actually managing people" - A banger from Ed Zitron on pointless managers in The Atlantic.
If you'd like to support the newsletter, please forward it on to your friends or share our homepage.
See you next week!
P.S. Just hit reply to suggest news, add a job you're looking to fill, or to sponsor next week's newsletter.
Sender address: Carrer de Caro 70