Hi friends 👋,
Happy Tuesday! Welcome to the 91 new DTTO subscribers who joined us since last Tuesday.
Every week I'll send you a summary of the latest modern teams we've been researching (with current job openings).
Let’s get to it.
Normalizing part-time jobs
Last week Charlie Ward launched a job board called Part-time Tech Jobs. All remote roles.
This feels like a growing trend as more people search for flexibility and optionality in their careers.
There are several forward-thinking companies I have mentioned before like Gumroad and Starter Story building their teams around mostly part-time roles.
It's not for everyone but if you're expenses are low and you want to experiment with side projects, a remote, part-time gig could be a good solution.
The latest dream jobs with modern teams 👇
- Uscreen: Video monetization platform, helping video entrepreneurs distribute content online and via OTT apps. Key value: Work from anywhere with team members stationed across the globe. Take time to disconnect, relax and come back energized and ready for action. See 9 current openings.
- Muckrack: Software and solutions to make PR professionals and journalists more successful. Key value: Work from anywhere - "We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located". Generous parent leave. See 8 current openings.
- InVison: The digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. Key value: Work from anywhere - "Our employees can get incredible work done from their own corner offices wherever they are in the world. We believe this kind of trust enables our teams to hack their work/life in amazing ways". Generous parent leave. Flexible paid-time off. See 40 current openings.
- Scott's Cheap Flights: Finding cheap international & domestic flight deals. Key value: Remote friendly - "Work from the comfort of your couch or at a coffee shop with team members located all over the US". Rest and recharge with unlimited paid time off. Generous parent leave and full company retreat twice a year. See 8 current openings.
- ChartMogul: Building the first subscription data platform. Key value: Remote friendly with team members across 21 different countries. Flexible schedule and annual company retreats. See 8 current openings.
- Webflow: The way to design, build, and launch powerful websites visually — without coding. Key value: Remote friendly roles + work on the future of no-code. See 50+ current openings.
- SparkLoop: Grow your email audience faster with a referral program that actually works. Key value: Work from anywhere - "Our entire team works remotely and has done so from day #1", Flexible schedule - "At SparkLoop we track performance, not hours. Work is only one part of life". See 2 current openings.
- Stack Overflow: Empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. Key value: We have a remote-friendly culture. Before the pandemic we were 40% remote. Today, we’re fully remote through at least September 2021, and won’t require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year. So long as your timezone works for your team, work where you want. See 50+ current openings.
- KaFe Rocks: One of the leading affiliate companies operating within iGaming. Key value: Remote friendly, flexible schedule, generous parent leave and yearly company retreats. See 27 current openings.
Interview with Christophe Pasquier from Slite 🎤
1. Tell us about what you do and where your team is located.
CP: Slite is a workspace for async first teams. It is a place to document all youR work, and discuss key topics without crowding Slack or relying on synchronous meetings. This is a private beta product, you can request access at https://slite.com/discussions.
2. What's a modern benefit you offer your team that isn't mainstream yet?
CP: An interesting one is https://www.oliva.health/: great service built by friends, we offer for free to our employees an on demand mental therapy service.
2021 was really challenging to many, and in a few months this proved to be very useful already! The no-brainer approach for the employee is awesome: you have none of the classic friction to go to a therapist (the platform select great ones, you can book online, everything is paid for you).
3. Tell us about your approach to meetings vs async communication?
CP: We literally developed Discussions to remove the need for most meetings and treat important topics through 1 long thread of thoughtful messages, powered by our super rich editor.
On a personal level I have video calls all day though, it unlocks serendipity in the remote setup for me. But these calls are 90% of the time just in 1:1. I have only 1 recurring meeting, every 2 weeks with more than 3 people.
4. What's your favourite tool for remote collaboration?
5. Can you give us one prediction for the future of work?
CP: Remote is the norm, async will follow as the next trend!
Tools and Resources 🔧
- Polywork: You’re more than your job title. Highlight all the things you do—your work, talks, podcasts, blog posts, side projects, NFTs, milestones & more.
- Marketer Hire: The #1 digital marketing talent platform, matching companies with expert marketers in 48 hours.
The top stories from last week 💡
- Will nomad hubs become the next startup cities? TNW
- Is going to the office a broken way of working? The New Yorker
If you'd like to support the newsletter, please forward it on to your friends or share our homepage.
See you next week!
P.S. Just hit reply to suggest news, add a job you're looking to fill, or to sponsor next week's newsletter.
Sender address: Carrer de Caro 70